Kedarkantha Trek to Kedarnath, India’s sacred abode of Lord Shiva, is definitely
one of the best treks you can take in Uttarakhand. However, like all other treks, it
requires a fair amount of preparation and planning. Here are some things that you
must carry on your trek to Kedarkantha and other important factors to keep in mind
while packing your backpack.
If you’re planning on going on the Kedarkantha Trek, here are ten things that will
come in handy during your trek. There’s no point in carrying all the extra weight if
you don’t need it, so here are my top picks for things to carry on Kedarkantha
If you’re planning to go on the Kedarkantha trek, there are certain things that
you’ll need to make sure you have in your rucksack. From extra layers of clothing
to first aid items and snacks, there are lots of essentials that you should never
forget to pack. To help you out, we’ve compiled a list of the top 9 things to carry in
your rucksack on the Kedarkantha Trek.
- A sturdy pair of trekking shoes – these should be waterproof and provide good
grip on uneven terrain.
- Thermal underwear – as the temperature can drop significantly at night, you’ll
need some extra layers to keep you warm.
- Trekking poles – these can be helpful for stability and balance when navigating
- Rainwear – although the weather is usually quite pleasant during the day, a
good quality raincoat or poncho will come in handy in case of unexpected showers.
- Warm clothing – make sure you bring a few warm layers like a fleece or down
jacket, as well as hats and gloves for the colder evenings.
- Headlamp – this is essential for late night hikes and also useful for setting up
camp in the dark.
- Water bottles – having a few water bottles with you is important for staying
hydrated during the trek.
- Snacks – energy bars, nuts and other snacks will come in handy for keeping
your energy levels up during the hike.
- Camera – don’t forget to bring a camera to capture all the stunning views!
By making sure you have all these essential items packed in your rucksack before
heading out on your trek, you’ll be well prepared for a successful and enjoyable
journey. Happy trekking!
First Aid Kit
When you are heading out on a Kedarkantha trek, it is important to ensure that you
have a well-stocked first aid kit. A first aid kit can be the difference between a
successful and an unsuccessful trek. It is always better to be safe than sorry, so
make sure to include all the necessary items when putting together your kit.
Here are some of the most essential items to include in your first aid kit for a
- Adhesive Bandages – An adhesive bandage can help protect cuts, scrapes, and
other minor injuries that might occur during your trek.
- Antiseptic – This will help to prevent any infections from occurring and should
be used for minor wounds or cuts.